Wednesday, August 27, 2014

When did I get this FAT!?!?!?!

To all the ladies out there who have woke up one morning, looked in the mirror and screamed in terror! This is what I looked like when I was at the fittest point in my life, I weighed 148lbs.
I just had started playing college tennis at the University of Utah and man was it tough! But it was so easy to loose weight I had two tennis coaches, a conditioning coach, and an athletic trainer. This is not real life as I soon came to realize when I finished with college tennis and got married.
I no longer had the one on one coaching or someone pushing me to workout out all the time. Well let me tell you when you stop working out 2 times a day and replace that with pizza hut every wednesday and going out Friday and Saturday and then eating whatever we wanted during the week, like pasta and carbs, carbs, carbs! Though that makes for a happy taste bud it makes for an unhappy waistline. I literally was in the shower one day and looked at my tummy and thought WHAT THE HECK! How did I get this out of shape?
 I finally stepped on the scale and jumped off immediately, yikes! I was at 183 pounds, the heaviest I have ever been in my life... I felt horrible, gross, disgusted, what was I going to do?
Two years ago I lost 20 pounds but then this last January I was back up to 177 pounds! This time was going to be different I told myself this time I will loose the weight and keep it off for good! I started working out for at least an hour a day 6 days a week and somedays even doing two-a-days I got down to 160!! My diet for this time period was just ok I mean I ate healthy during the weekdays and on Friday usually we would go out for a meal and then Sunday we would have a family dinner at my in-laws which wasn't super healthy but wasn't ridiculously bad either. I was happy I had lost 17 pounds but I wanted more I wanted to get to 155! So I kicked it up a notch and really started training, I would workout at least 2 hours a day for 6 days a week and my diet stayed pretty much the same but I did it I broke through my plateau! But I did more then just break it I blew it up and now I am sitting at 150!!
 I am almost back to my fittest point. This is when triathlon training came into play, I was looking at Toneitup.com when they started talking about triathlons, more specifically half ironmans and I thought to myself "I can do that!" So I talked my husband into it and we started prepping for triathlon training that day! We started looking up old Ironman's and into bikes and different gear but most importantly we bought the book The 12 Week Triathlete. Man did it open our eyes to training! Yes we are still new to the sport but I am so excited about learning all I can and pushing myself to really excel in the triathlon world!  

No comments:

Post a Comment